Firstly I just want to say that on the whole I love Origins skin products and especially the emphasis they put on natural skincare. The Origins super spot remover and spot remover pads are both highly raved about products online. I like both these products but I’m not sure if they’re completely worth all the hype, especially considering their hefty price tag for very little product.
The Super Spot Remover
Price: £14 for a 10ml bottle
This product is considered as a magic liquid that obliterates all spots (even the deadly ones) and a wonder treatment by many. In my opinion, it is the best product of its type- much better than any other spot remover I’ve ever tried. There is a significant reduction in the size of spots within a couple of hours of application. However, I would not consider it as a wonder product as it does take a couple of days for the spot to completely clear up.
WHY IT WORKS
The major ingredient in this product is salicylic acid. This is a natural bactericidal, keratolytic and comedolytic plant product which essentially kills bacteria on the skin (the major cause of acne) and therefore allows the cells of the epidermis to shed more easily and thereby allowing space for new cell growth.
– Within a few minutes of application you get a tingly feeling which shows you that the product is working.
– You only need a very small amount of product so the deceivingly small bottle lasts for absolutely ages
– The product dries up very fast and forms a barrier between the spot and the skin so can be worn under make-up
– Quite pricey for the amount of product you get
– It can make the area of application quite dry and sometimes can also cause a bit of hyper pigmentation- however this can be combated by regular moisturising
On the whole, I think this product is amazing and can be a life saver if a particularly large spot appears before an important event. Overall, I give it a 4/5
Spot Remover Pads
Price: £23 for 60 pads
This product is meant to be applied instead of toner on the entire face after cleansing. However, I think it is too harsh to apply on the entire face and should only be applied to problem areas. The major ingredient of this is also salicylic acid.
– reduces inflammation in acne prone areas and reduces the appearance of new spots
– it isn’t very effective in my opinion at actually getting rid of spots once they have appeared
– I find them too harsh to use on my entire face and sometimes it can be difficult to decide which areas to apply them
– can leave the skin quite dry
– incredibly expensive for what they are- they are definitely not value for money and I will not be repurchasing them
On the whole I’m not a huge fan of this product as I don’t feel it actually does that much. I feel like it has no real place in my skincare routine and I don’t find myself reaching out for it too often. The large price tag is also a major turn off so overall i give this product a 2.5/5.